26 March 2011

There's something about a good cup of tea...

Recently when our kitchen sink died, we looked at options for a different style of faucet. The new sink had 4 holes available two for the hot and cold taps, one for the faucet and one for a sprayer. However, the faucet I liked had a single tap, a faucet and the sprayer leaving space for a soap container or something else. We opted for something else - a hot water dispenser.

The lucky thing is our RevereWare teakettle died a few days after we put in the new sink. So instead of putting on the kettle and waiting for the whistle to blow, I now turn the tap and get boiling water. Somehow it isn't the same experience. With the kettle there was a ritual. I would change the water and put it on the stove. Then I would select the tea - usually a citrus blend or a green with ginseng and get out the honey or artificial sweetener.

There's anticipation in putting the kettle on and waiting. Now with the hot water dispenser, I put the teabag in the cup and turn the tap. The anticipation is gone. I still enjoy the tea yet it's missing something. I think it's the anticipation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home