30 December 2010

Wrapping up 2010

I did not blog any stitching goals this year... Frankly I didn't blog much this year at all. (I blame Facebook and Twitter but that is another subject for another day).

So what did I accomplish this year? Let's start with work since I used to talk about it alot

Work Life
I started the year being held over on the temporary job - it was great on the sales floor and then once I was moved to customer service, I got time to stitch while waiting for telephone calls but it became boring since I couldn't actually fix the problems, just create case logs to pass on to people who really didn't seem to care. Pretty soon, the temp job began interfering with my job hunt schedule and we agreed that it was time for my contract to end.

I then thought it would be nice to take some time off to clean, quilt, stitch and relax. That didn't happen - I was recalled to the old job but at a lower pay level than before. Luckily I also got an offer at 10% more than the old job paid for a new company. I took the new job. The old employer proposed that I work as a contractor and so I've had two jobs this year which has been really nice.

Family Life
When I was unemployed, DH found work but it was commission only and rough. He's still working although he did switch companies this year and seems to be doing better with the new company. I've tried to spend more time with the kids this year and ended up being a team mom for football. J came and worked with me up at This is the Place park, he was apprenticed to the blacksmith and learned to work with hot metal.

Hobbies
It was good to get back to this part of my life and have time for it again. I've finished 33 projects so far this year and hope to finish a few more before midnight tomorrow. I'm only 7 projects away from finishing the 100 project challenge. I moved the stash room back to the small area in back and I have a ton of stuff to give away that I should be posting soon. I joined EGA and I ended up as President of the Greater Salt Lake Area Quilt Guild. I lost Stitching Station and found I didn't miss it as much as I thought I would since I'm not buying anything at the moment.
I worked with a local book seller to get Jennifer Chiaverini here and then I got to meet Monica Ferris. I also took J to meet Rick Riordan and both boys got to meet Chris Claremont of X-men fame. One thing I didn't do this year was blog.

So that's it for the year. It sure seemed to fly by.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home