11 November 2008

Okay, I'll join the shuffle...

I saw this on both Whizgidget's and Erin's blogs. I think I knew one of the songs on Erin's blog.

So, here are the rules!

Step 1: Put your iPod or whatever on random.
Step 2: Post the 1st line from the first 30 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing the song. And it doesn't have to be perfect if you can't understand the lyrics word for word.
Step 3: Let everyone guess what song and artist the lines come from.
Step 4: Bold the songs when someone guesses correctly.
Step 5: Looking them up on Google or any other search engine is CHEATING

Okay, I'm afraid it's really eclectic...I will seriously be amazed if anyone can get all these even by cheating...(there is filk in here folks!)

1. When I was young and in my prime and could wander wild and free...
2. I'm round the corner from anything that's real and I cross the road from hope
3. Title(4x) Barely 21, Title looking for great fun
4. Young man goes to Paris, as every young man should, there's something in the Paris air that does a young man good.
5. So long ago I don't remember when, that's when they say I lost my only friend. Jill in CA got this one.
6. Dear I feel we are facing a problem, you love me now no longer I know (This was a cover not the original)
7. Now you know how nice it feels...
8. Do you remember a guy that's been in such an early song, I've heard a rumour
9. Hope this is the last time 'Cause I would never say no to you
10. Yeah, yeah, yeah, Trying to make it little by little, trying to make it bit by bit on my own.
11. Title comes prancing and dancing. Title with a voice like the sun...
12. Hey I was always a crazy one, broke into the stadium and I wrote your number on the 50 yard line.Margaret was right
13. Birds flying high, you know how I feel. Sun in the sky, you know how I feel.
Yes, my son is it the Nina Simone version.
14. oh,oh,oh little title oh,oh,oh little title I could escape this feeling with my title
15. The time to rise has been engaged You're better best to rearrange I'm talking here to me alone
16. The anchor rattles from the bow, jib comes wrapping downward
17. In the orchard of the tsar it was he saw her, she cast glory through the branches of the tree
18. Well I remember every little thing as if it happened only yesterday, parking by the lake and there was not another car in sight Margaret got it
19. On the talk back show, On the radio, At the local bar, In the hot traffic by the red tail lights
20. (laugh) Why am I standing on a cloud every time you're around
21. Talk to me baby I want to sleep at night, my heart is heavy
22. buh,duh,duh, buh, buh, buh, duh, dow, (with snapping) (oh, you wanted something other than scat?) Title Let me take you by the hand
23. ooo, ooo, ooo, Black and orange stray cat sitting on a fence, I ain't go enough dough to pay the rent Margaret got it.
24. Yea though we venture through the valley of the stars,
25. title I must admit I wonder if I had the chance to vanquish foes with nothing more than just a glance
26. Seeing what the cause has left us,there's no strength to minimize.
27. woo-hoo Here comes Johnnie singing oldies goldies be bop a lula what I say... Jenn got it
28. Title Air and Fire, Earth and Water hear my desire grant my plea who stands alone, maiden warrior mother and crone
29. The sun sets red with rage white clouds float by like high cotton blank as an empty page
30. I never asked for this or planned it in advance, I was merely blown here by the winds of chance Jenn got it

Okay, there are 3 artists with 2 songs in the list, other than those these are all different artists...Good luck!!

4 Comments:

At 6:20 AM, November 12, 2008, Blogger Jenn L in Chicago said...

27 - Walk of Life by Dire Straits
30 - Wonderful from Wicked

 
At 11:24 AM, November 12, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

5: One Headlight by Wallflowers

I KNOW that I know #6, but I can't place it right now. Maybe it will come to me later...

 
At 11:25 PM, November 12, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

#13 is Feeling Good. I like the Michael Buble' but I know mom's is probably Nina Simone...

 
At 1:25 AM, November 14, 2008, Blogger Unknown said...

12 How Do You Like Me Now by Toby Keith!

18 Paradise By The Dashboard Light by Meatloaf

23 Stray Cat Strut by THe Stray Cats

 

Post a Comment

<< Home