24 January 2007

The State of the Hobbies Address

I hate to admit that 2006 was not the best year for my hobbies. I recorded a few finishes. I did a Hinzeit Designs Marine Corps piece for my husband. I finished the Gandalf model that I was working on and got a better payment than I expected. I got cash but if there was a copy of the chart, it never arrived. I finished a quilt top in the spring when I learned how to do “stack and whack” cutting techniques, I called it Birds in the Window. I haven’t quilted it yet though. I completed an RR ornament that I had put aside while the RR was in progress. I participated in and finished the TWRR, mine is unfinished but I’ll get to it. I completed 5 quilt blocks for a Christmas Quilt I was making and 3 blocks for an Ugly Quilt contest. I finished something that I called a Baby Quilt UFO but for the life of me I can’t remember what it was. I must have given it away because I can’t find anything with that description in the house either.
So that’s all that I completed in 2006. I know I started a few things but since starting school, I haven’t had much time to do anything but homework. Oh, I also finished the ornaments that I started for my sisters for Christmas of 2005. I don’t think they’ll be getting any 2006 ornaments.
So now that we’ve recapped the past, I should state future goals. Being in school, I don’t have much time. However, I do want to finish the entry for the Ugly Quilt Contest. The deadline is February 3, 2007 so I don’t have much time to finish the 6 blocks and the quilting. This upcoming weekend is about it. There isn’t much left to finish on Harry Potter #3, I could finish it in a couple weekends with some Netflix movies so that is a possibility for this year.
I would like to get ornaments finished for my sisters this year. I have some great hand-dyed threads from Melanie to use for them.
I would also like to finish a piece to enter into the State Fair. I have a piece that I’m working on when I have time.
I do have one finish for the year. On New Year’s Day I finished a small Shepherd’s Bush freebie that wishes ewe a Merry Christmas. So next year, I’ll have something to crow about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home