21 May 2009

Got a free book in the mail today...

I've been a member of www.goodreads.com long enough to have rated 1317 books and some even reviewed. I've become a librarian and I enter the book contests. I won a book contest offered by St. Martin's Press and today I received my prize.

Part of me wants to curl up and read it right now and get the review post up on I Just Read. You'll just have to wait through the weekend though. Library books come first and I've been spending more time there since going on the budget and the abstinence wagon - No spending on hobbies until January 2010. I've met some good books from both the library and my goodreads friends.

Jasper Fforde is the current author of note. After starting his Thursday Next series, I know I'm going to have to read Dickens Great Expectations, Eliot's Mill on the Floss and re-read Wuthering Heights (Heathcliff anyone?). Wouldn't it be great if work were much like school and we got summers off? As it is, I've been reserving my weekends for reading fluff. This weekend though, I have a long one and for the first time in forever, I put a book down with the intention of never picking it up again. It's going back to the library unread.

I wonder if it has to do with my sudden urge to read either business or programming books. Suggestions anyone?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home