09 April 2008

Broke three nails today...

but it was bound to happen. I inherited my father's finger nails which means they are weak, brittle and not well shaped. They tend to the flat and concave instead of the convex. If I get any of them to extend beyond the edges of my fingers then I'm doing extremely well. I usually don't even try to get them very long if only because long nails get in the way of my stitching. I don't see how people with long nails can thread a needle but if I had long nails for more than a month, I could probably figure it out.

Speaking of stitching, I finished my first project in about 4 months over the weekend. It's the BCS 3-5 kit Waffle Stitch from Victoria Sampler and it came together quick. I'm also working on a quilt and in about 3 hours I'll be halfway done with the hand quilting. It feels good to be stitching again and I'm sure I'll have more time for it after I finish school. I have to get back in the habit of having a project with me. I realized that in the doctor's office with my son today. I had about 15 minutes of dead time, I could have made some progress on an ornament then. I could have read homework too but I didn't have my books with me. Bad Stasha, leaving home without stitching or a book. It's been years since I've been in that position. I've fixed it by putting a Victorian Christmas ornament in my purse. It won't happen again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home